Korfi is a approximately 17 Kms from Limassol. The original Korfi settlement was built approximately 2 Kms north-east of the present village, on a steep mountain side.
During the heavy rainfall of January 28 1969, there were many landslides that caused a lot of destruction to the houses. The area was considered dangerous and the inhabitants were moved to a settlement built on a higher area, at 550m above sea level, which was considered safer. The new settlement consists of houses constructed in a standard layout.
People cultivate cereals pasture, almond trees and carob trees. There are also large uncultivated areas with wild natural growth; mainly pistachio lentiscus, wild carob trees, calycotomes and wild olive trees. Livestock farming is well developed.
The name of the village is derived from the word Koryfi (peak) and is not derived from ancient or medieval times. The village is marked on a 1913 map as divided into Pano Korfi and Kato Korfi. The churches in the village are dedicated to the Virgin Mary and St George.