This is a small village built on the mountains at the west part of the green valley of the river Kouris. The village is 25 kilometres from Limassol near the main Limassol to Troodos road. It dominates among the red wine producing villages. The inhabitants of the village are mainly occupied with the cultivation of vineyards and various fruit trees. Agios Georgios Agathiotis is famous for the hospitality of its inhabitants and the traditional Commandaria, Zivania and Sousouko.
At the entrance of the village, one can find the church that is dedicated to Agios Georgios Agathiotis. The church, designed and built in the traditional style, dominates the area. The remains of martyr Agios Georgios are preserved in the church. The village got its name from Agios Georgios. According to tradition, the name Agathiotis was given to the village because during the time Cyprus was under the rule of the Turks and at a time when almost all nearby villages were occupied by the enemy, the village remained unharmed. This was due to the fact that when the enemy came close to the village, as if a miracle was happening, instead of seeing the green trees, all they could see was a vast plantation of thorny cactus. In view of the difficulties, given the limited means at the time, the enemy turned back without even coming close to the village.
One of the sights of the village is the church dedicated to St Mary of Syrkous, located one kilometre north of the village. According to tradition, during the time Cyprus was under the domination of the Franks (1192-1570) at the place the church is now built, there used to be a kingdom of the Franks having a queen named Zografou, who would later marry the great royal Tsitsiekis, from the neighbouring village of Monagri. At the south side of the church one can see the remains of a city wall, probably the wall of the kingdom mentioned above.